Friday, September 21, 2012

Posted by Little Sukie Posted on Friday, September 21, 2012 | 4 comments

Godness Gayness-Part I

Today's post is going to be a long one.I mean a really,really long one with lots of unnecessary information.You may as well skip it but I had a need to write it.Events of these past few days made me realize that being different is not a bad thing.Stating your opinions and believes can be healthy for your body and your mind.To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best,night and day,to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting.So here I am,stating my opinion with which you may or may not agree.Feel free to comment as much as you want and if you want.
My day yesterday started with an invitation to go out.Duh...me...going out...in this weather...not a chance in hell...no way.I only go out when the sun is shinning brightly.So I was planning to refuse politely using any excuse available which wouldn't  make me look mean for not wanting to hang out.



Plan failed simply because my  friend wouldn't hear of it yet alone believe in it.She compared me to an old grumpy lady and threatened not to call me ever again.I know her long enough to take her threat seriously.That's how I ended up outside standing in the rain and cold weather,two things I hate the most.I silently thanked my mum for reminding me "to always carry an umbrella in my bag" and cursed under my breath because of the downpour.With a substantial amount of willpower I resisted the urge to go back to bed....only wished I wore something much much warmer ..... 



Anyway I went for a coffee with the old squad from the kindergarten.Yes,I still cherish those few friends I made as a kid.We lived in the same neighborhood,went to the same kindergarten and then to the same schools-that's more than half of our lives spent together.We've been through a lot actually and we bonded on a cellular level :))) It's been said that everlasting friends can go long time without speaking and they never question their friendship.These friends pick up phones like they just spoke yesterday regardless of how long it has been and how far away they live.They don't hold grudges and they understand that life is busy and that you will always love them no matter what.Along with one very special friend I met in college they are my favorite people in a whole wide world and I'm more than lucky to have them in my life.




 I can state with certainty that we had a normal childhood if you ignore the fact that every time we got angry at each other we would say stuff like:my dad will come to your house with a tank and blow your family away,my dad is bigger than your dad and he will turn him into a squash with one single blow,my dad this....my mum that.I actually threatened to bring Batman and Robin instead of mum and dad (so embarrassing I know).I'm just glad I grew up when I did.We didn't solve our problems with guns and didn't hire assassins to end our friends just because they said some nasty stuff on Facebook.Oh wait,we didn't have Facebook,or the internet,or computers when we are at it.We had cassette players and bunch of old tapes.We had jump ropes and hulahoops.We made castles from kitchen chairs and doll clothes from old rags.We had slap bracelets,jojo,tamagotchi and playing  marbles and hide-and-seek was the highlight of our day.Kids nowadays seem to be missing all the fun by sitting in front of their computers playing Call of Duty.
Anyway one of my friends used to be a real cry-baby back then,a cute cry-baby if you ask me.I teased him merciless because of it and he teased me back because I had no front teeth.Flirt in a toddlers way.I'll just call him M.In our kindergarten we were forced to go to sleep or just lay still from 12 to 3 until our parents came to pick us up.While we waited M,my closest girlfriend and I always had our little talks beneath the blanket.Just for the record we all had our own beds and there was a space between us,that's why it was so difficult to hear what the other person was saying.We were playing deaf phones and it was hilarious.Haven't seen M. in a while cause he lives abroad....but his mum knows mine so from time to time I get greetings form him and infos about him.



That guy is really a piece of work.If I had a brother I would wish him to look and act exactly the same:soon-to-be a psychology major,witty,intelligent,smooth talking,easy on the eye,with amazing style and still too cute for his own good.Then I wouldn't be the only odd one out in the family.You probably wonder how is being smart and sexy odd?Wait and I'll tell you.My parents would go ballistic if they had him for a son.The thought itself makes me grin like a Chesire cat.I'm a meanie I know...just can't help myself sometimes.It would be difficult for them of course,the conservative people born and raised in this country,to face the truth about their son and than deal with it.Hell I wouldn't know how to deal with it.I would feel different but my love wouldn't change.Well my parents are lucky since I'm the only child and I am not lucky because I get to be blamed for everything,but that's a different story completely.Did you guess by now what I'm talking about?Not yet?Well here it is-plain and simple truth.My childhood friend is gay.That smart perfect guy every girl dreams of is GAY.Lucky him for living in a country where his sexual orientation is not a taboo and his life is not in jeopardy.I was in shock for about 5 seconds.Then I felt a small hint of pain,fear and disappointment mixing inside of me.Let me tell you that it's much easier to talk about homosexuals when a person in question is not someone close to you.In the next moment I thought "that's a shame because guys like him should multiply and spread the hottie gene."Somewhere between his confession and my dealing with it,my mum called to ask when will I be back.Since I heard my devilish little cousins screaming in the background I said I wont be home for a while.From that point onwards the conversation pretty much went in all directions.I must admit that I had such a great time.If I stayed at home I would miss a lot and would regret it for the rest of my life.Seeing all of them in one place was just priceless.Having a friend who understands you better than anybody else and who is gay at top of that is so sex-and-the city.I actually feel honored to get to live something like that.My family may be ultraconservative family but I am the complete opposite.I never had anything against bisexuals,gynosexuals,heterosexuals,homosexuals,ambisexuals,transexuals or any other form of sexual behavior.To me love is love and it doesn't really matter in which form it manifests.What people do with their lives is their own business.Free people,free choice,free will to do whatever you want to do.I know what I am and you can be whatever you want to be as long as you're not hurting anyone in the process.  




It's ironic how killing people,terrorism,pedophilia and embezzlement of public money do not come close to causing such a public uproar  like one simple statement:I am gay!If you are a good person it doesn't matter are you gay or straight,Muhamed or Petar,believer or atheist.You are you and that should be enough.
The only time I held a grudge against someone,it was against my college professor.We never actually determined what he was.First he was rumored to be gay,than bisexual and than he turned up married.Anyway,me and hundreds of my colleagues disliked him because he sucked as a person,not because he was or was not gay.
All this made me think of my celebrity crushes who turned out to be homosexuals or were rumored to be homosexuals:actors,models,designers,singers..you name it but I never stopped watching,listening or following any of them....btw.if it ever turns out that David Gandy is gay I'm ghonna jump form the first highest building....

my favorite top favorite gay people right now....


1.Jim Parsons,our favorite nerd from The Big Bang Theory
3.Matthew Bomer,Magic Mike
4.Luke Evans,The Raven
5. John Barrowman,Dr.Who
6.Nate Berkus, my favorite since he appeared on "The Oprah Winfrey Show"
7. Neil Patrick Harris,How I Met Your Mother

I also got an email from M.with this link in it.The topic of the show is the upcoming "Pride Parade" in Belgrade scheduled for the October 6th.It's pretty interesting show and I just love Eva Ras sense of humor.But honestly I'm afraid what will happen to those people since the parade from 2010 ended up badly.This year there was an open call for the massacre of  gay population and some very disturbing photos were circling the internet.Among other things they talked about Andrej Pejic,dunno why cause he never declared himself to be gay...or he did but I somehow missed it.What bugged me the most when I googled him was this "the Serbian-born,Australian-raised androgynous male who's taking the fashion world by storm".Ok,the guy was born in Tuzla and last time I checked Tuzla is in Bosnia and Herzegovina not in Serbia.You should at least get the information right before you decide to publish something.




4 comments:

  1. Very informative post. I had a gay best friend back in elementary too (though we drifted apart since he moved away... whyyyy do all your gay best friends move abroaddd?????) when he first told me, I was like "really? You just... discover you are gay?" lol I knew he was gay before he discovered his preference. In his case, it was very obvious. When we were kids, we used to play dodge ball. I was very very tomboyish back then. So I would tackle all the balls while he ran around screaming, hiding behind one person to the next. hahaha. Like your friend, my dude is also handsome (almost pretty... but he didn't like the term), gentle, humorous and perfect. Sigh...
    But yeah, I'm super open minded. (cheer) If I had been narrow minded, I would have lost all the friends I had now (they are all awesome people... some are bi but still, freaking awesome!)
    Keep up the good posts! You have all my support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean person...your friend must've been scared of you that's why he moved to another state.Just joking!It's good M. moved because he would be an outcast here.He would be bullied,beaten and who knows what else.I'm certain he wouldn't grow up to be a great guy he is today.I can just say that he will make the person he chooses very happy....so sad it won't be me.Anyway aside form being gay he is crazzyish ...couldn't sleep all night because of him.To cut the long story short,he being too smart and all diagnosed me...stick around you'll see what I'm talking about...oh and thanx for the support it means a lot ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vidis, nisam znala za Parsons-a. :D
    Ovaj citat iz Misfits-a mi je jedan od drazih. XD
    Zalosno je u kakvom gradu/drzavi zivimo i kakvih ljudi ima. :(
    Sto se tice Pejica, uvijek kazem: DOMACE MESO! Made in BIH. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cudni su ljudi na ovom na ovom nasem brdovitom Balkanu...a vjeruj nisam ni ja znala za Sheldona,ispade da ja lik u vezi vec deset godina sam nije bio famous pa nikog nije ni zanimalo...Misfits,Andrej ^_^

    ReplyDelete